Saturday, January 2, 2010

Seize tha day muthafucka!

At the dawn of this new decade, I am thrilled to be a part of this blog for several reasons. First, I feel that this endeavour is incredibly techy, perhaps the most techy thing I have ever done. Who knows, at some point we may even add photos to our blog, emoticons, music?! Technology is a changin', girls, and we are changing with it. One can perhaps even foresee a "Blog" section on our future CVs, sure to usher in the employment opportunities we have long awaited.

But second, and perhaps more importantly, this blog presents us with the opportunity to stay in touch while garnering an ever-important housewife/human skill, that of the grande cuisine! No longer will we come home tired from work to wail "Not another tofu sandwhich/cheese melt/lettuce salade with oil and vinegar!". Or how about those days when breakfast, lunch and dinner all revolve around the same "on the go" wing-it-ness? I.e. "Oh great, yoghurt and meusli for breakfast, lunch and dinner!" Or the classic working girls "Oh my god I slept in late and ate every meal out today and I feel as though my insides are turning into a great pile of croissant/falafel/cheese pizza mush!" Or the days when all you can get together is one meal, with a lot of picking, the gargantuan bre-lun-inner! For those days, let as a least hope that that meal is delicious!!!

Ah, yes, this blog, this project, will surely inspire us to push beyond our culinary boundaries, striding past the provincial soup and salad hills to a new, zestier territory.

This rant having been delivered, I wish to joyfully accept the position of "Blog Contributer"! With yet further zeal, I wish to present you with my goals for this blog.

1. Make one new meal a week.

2. Blog about it

3. Do this for one year

I still have yet to decide whether I want to use only one cook book. I think I do, after having seen Julie and Julia. But i have to look at my cookbooks at home.

Goddess-speed, dear crowe roaders and fellow culinary neophytes! May we meet this journey with courage and dedication, and prevail through those moments when the going gets tough or even rough.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment