Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yum!

I made two more recipes tonight, both to take to work tomorrow. I started by making these Banana Bran Muffins. The bananas have passed their green/barely yellow stage, and with Marija in Abu Dhabi, there is no one to eat the speckled ones. Although the recipe doesn't sound that interesting, it is surprisingly good. The muffins are very moist, and taste nothing like bran muffins. I think I actually used oat bran instead of wheat bran (by mistake) and they still turned out amazingly ... that's what you get when you buy something out of the bulk bin when you are really tired. I will confess that I also had about 20 cents worth of wine gums while shopping the bulk bins. Shh!

Next I made Lemony Lentil Salad with Feta. I haven't tried it yet, but I will let you know how it tastes after I eat it at lunch tomorrow. Right now it is deconstructed: dressing in one bowl, veggies and lentils in another. I plan on mixing in the dressing, putting it inside a pita, and voila - instant lunch! The dressing tastes good, that much I know. I have a feeling this one will be a keeper, but will confirm this later.

No pictures this time...last time I crashed my computer shortly after uploading and now I'm scared!



1 comment:

  1. Nice one girls!! I finally figured out how to access this!

    My recipe of the day - caribou burgers!!

    1. kill caribou
    2. cut it up
    3. grind it in meat grinder
    4. add spices, onions, oatmeal, and egg
    5. cook it
    6. eat it

    I'm not kidding - they were great last night! Hehe - once I'm home I'll make some serious additions! - xox

    ReplyDelete