Thursday, January 14, 2010

Book has been chosen...let cooking begin!

Alright girls, I have finaly found a cookbook. And, wow, it wasn't easy! Imagine me on a cold-15 degree evening rushing out in my snowboots, mittens (yes the ones Astridy made), and scarf to make it to the library before it closed. Mission: find an appropriate cookbook. Well lets just say after 1/2 an hour, and a chilly walk home with books in tow, I had 6 possibilities. Critera: lots of vegetarian recipes, lots of pictures, and a wide variety of food genres. Winner: The Essential Eating Well Cookbook . It has sections for breakfast, lunch, mains, appies, and desserts, and has a wide variety of vegetarian recipes.

My first recipe will be this weekend. I will keep you posted!

On a side note I would like to mention that I unwrapped, touched, cut and cooked a chicken breast for the first time EVER this week. You know what, it wasnt quite as bad as I thought, and it tasted pretty good too!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! finally i'm not the only one posting on this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rac Attack! It is all on you now, G't COOKIN'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rhiann i am proud re: chicken breast. perhaps i will cook something meatish this week.
    then i can't use a fucking hippy cookbook though.hm

    ReplyDelete