So I (or we) made my first cook book meal on Sunday. It was ok, i would give it a 5/10 for success. The Menu was: Cajun fries (William & Sanoma veg.), quesadillas, (W&S) and Caesar salad (recipe from my aunt). Will add full recipes later.
Cajun Fries (2/10)
Recipe had WAY way too much oil and not enough spices. The fries came out really soggy and gross and rather flavorless. I don't know what W&S though was cajun about these. I would not recommend this recipe.
Quesadillas (5/10)
These were pretty good, we made guacamole to go with them which was yummy. I think next time i would put more vegies in them, but other than that they were pretty ok.
Caesar Salad (6/10)
1 head of Romaine Lettuce
2 tsp of salt
3 heads of garlic, finely chopped
? Worcester Sauce
3 Anchovies, finely ground
maybe some other things... i'll have to check.
So when my aunt makes it, i would give it a 10/10. however. i totally botched the salad dressing. I was doing it from memory but I only remembered 3 of the 5 or so ingredients.... it turned out really really salty and garlic-y.... but not inedible. Will check with aunt and get more finite recipe.
So although my first attempt was not golden I do feel a small sense of accomplishment at making part of one meal. Goal for next time: make 2/3 rather than 1/3. Silver Lining: since brent made both the potatoes and the quesadillas, i don't feel like it is my fault they weren't good and can blame the recipe with out any hesitation.
p.s. i know this isn't a competition but i would like to state for the record that i was the first to make a dish! :P
I've decided i'm not posting those recipes. They sucked and it is way too much effort.
ReplyDeletehahahahaaaa astrid you are hilarious, esp with regards to botching the ceaser dressing, ha!
ReplyDeletei also like the numerical rating system. i also want to include this in my next post.